Welcome to the 2020 Transforming Health Summit
Saturday, January 11th 2020
8:00am – 5:00pm
The Colorado Convention Center
700 14th St, Denver, CO, 80202
The Third Annual Transforming Health Summit is the first in Colorado to bridge clinical care, behavioral health, and public health to better serve transgender and gender diverse communities. Hosted by Denver Health’s LGBTQ Center of Excellence and Denver Public Health, this Summit aims to create opportunities to share information, efforts, and best practices around transgender and gender diverse care across the lifespan by bridging the varied disciplines of education, advocacy, and clinical care, among others. Join us as we bring together clinicians, nurses, educators, social workers and healthcare administrators to improve affirming healthcare for transgender and gender diverse communities. Sessions are led by experts in the field specializing in transgender and gender diverse focused care throughout the state of Colorado. CE Offered!
1. Increase clinical best practices, share innovative research, and build community partnerships to support health and wellness of Transgender and gender diverse Communities.
2. Develop an understanding of how intersectionality of identities affects Transgender and gender diverse communities.
3. Describe how stigma, discrimination, and bias impacts Transgender and gender diverse affirming healthcare.
Who Should Attend: Medical Providers, Behavioral Health Providers, Public Health and Outreach Staff
· Basics of Affirming Transgender and Gender Diverse Care
· Legal and Social Transition Related Care
· Considerations Gender Affirming Surgery
· Primary and Preventative Health Needs of Transgender and Gender Diverse Communities
· Interdisciplinary Complex Case Presentations
· Medical Considerations for Transgender and Gender Diverse Youth
· HIV Care in Black Transgender Communities
· HIV and PrEP care for Transgender and Gender Diverse Youth
Behavioral Health Letter Writing and the Impact of Gatekeeping
· Behavioral Health Considerations for Transgender and Gender Diverse Youth
· Creating an Affirming Outreach Testing Environment
Please Register Below:
Please choose the appropriate registration link that corresponds with your request for CE. If not pursuing continuing education credit, please click the certificate of attendance registration link.
If you have any questions about registration, CE, or are interested in Sponorsing the 2020 Transforming Health Summit, please email Andrew.Miller2@dhha.org