Hospitals and other major healthcare providers on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic are finding innovative ways to protect their patients, staff and communities through good infection control practices.
Denver Health and Hospital Authority in partnership with Colorado's Special Pathogen System Hospitals and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is establishing Mountain Plains Resources & AIdS for Infection Prevention (“Embrace IP”) in HHS Region 8 (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming) to share authoritative recommendations and innovative promising practices including:
- Protecting facilities from COVID-19 entry;
- Deploying and conserving personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Decontamination of personnel and equipment;
- Behavioral health needs of patients and staff;
- Identifying and improving system and operational gaps;
- Unique care strategies for people in special situations like experiencing homelessness, relying on caregivers, or new immigrants.
Register here to receive upcoming announcements about:
- An internet knowledge base of recommendations, policies, procedures and best practices;
- Webcasts and short videos to facilitate learning;
- Skilled consultation on request.